A cheesecake I made for our annual quarterly outing. To dress up the cheesecake and add more flavor I covered the top with some blackberry jam and fresh blackberries that I bought at one of the marketplaces.
Category Archives: Cheesecake
First of all, HAPPY NEW YEARS!!! My new years was pretty eventful, I hung out with one of my bffs and sister(basically, we have the same last name and she’s J and I’m I) and we watched Iron Man and ate delicious Hainan Chicken. Later that night we meet up with Alice and Devina and slept over at Alice’s house. I love Alice’s house! It is perfect for sleepovers and we had a lot of fun chatting, playing CFM, watching the performances, and gossiping of course. Anyways, my obsession of the week is cheesecake and I found this recipe from All Recipes. This was the highest rated cheesecake with over a thousand reviews so I knew it had to be good. I used the 100 calorie Oreo packs for the crust and halved the recipe.
* 15 graham crackers, crushed
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 3/4 cup milk
* 4 eggs
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving.
This cheesecake was very good for the first attempt. The only thing that I had problems with was since I halved the recipe I think I should have baked it for less because the crust was hard and brownish but nevertheless, I bought it to our New Year’s party/sleepover and by the next morning I ate the last piece. Also, I didn’t have a spring form plan so I couldn’t make a tall cheesecake so I just used my regular cake pan. Overall, I hope to make this again in the future with my very own spring form cake pan.