Last week I hung out with my friend Brittany who I know from high school. What I love about her is despite her tiny size, she loves to eat, just like me. Whenever we hang out, all we do is cook and eat food. Seeing this recipe on Bakerella made me think of Brittany, since she lives of honey almond butter. Every time I come visit her dorm, I always see a jar placed on her desk. So instead of using pecan pumpkin pumpkin butter, we substituted it with honey almond butter. This recipe was very simple to put together but the only problem was Brittany didn’t have any measuring spoons or cups in her kitchen. So summoning the inner Rachel Ray in me, I eyeballed everything. We also didn’t have a pan so we used a spring form pan instead. However, it turned out delicious, more of a cake than a bar. It was so good that two my friends Lois and AJ try to steal it when I went to grab something in my room.
18.25 oz. package yellow cake mix, set aside one cup
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 large eggs
13.5 oz. jar of Honey Almond Butter
2 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour a 9 X 13 pan.
3. Divide cake mix, placing all but one cup in a mixing bowl.
4. Stir the melted butter and one egg into the cake mix until combined.
5. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
6. In another bowl, mix pumpkin butter with two eggs and milk until combined.
7. Spread pumpkin mixture over pressed cake mix.
8. Stir the reserved 1 cup of cake mix with the flour, sugar, and cinnamon.
9. Then add the softened butter and mix together until crumbly.
10. Sprinkle over the top of the pumpkin layer.
11. Bake for about 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and cut into 2 ” squares. Serves 24.
My stomach was literally bursting from the two lunches I had and pumpkin pie shake but I made room for these!