I have always been curious about blondies. I’ve read about them in blogs, seen recipes in books, and even in Nancy Drew the movie starring Emma Roberts which I saw with one of my closest friends Erin, Nancy makes blondies to give to the villain! When I saw that this recipe on All Recipes as the recipe yesterday I knew it was a sign and that I should make it for our pre-Sadies potluck.
I actually had a lot of fun at Sadies because it was so stress free and I wasn’t rushing around like I normally do before dances. Also we came in the middle because that’s when all the cool kids come. Plus I had an extremely cute outfit on!
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Measure 1 cup sifted flour. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift again. Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts. Mix well and set aside.
3. Melt 1/3 cup butter. Add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and mix well. If shortening is used, add 1 tablespoon hot water. Cool slightly.
4. Add egg (beaten) and vanilla. Blend well. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
5. Spread in 9 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Sprinkle 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips on top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Wow! This turned out so good and baked up perfectly. They were very simple to make and I had all the ingredients on hand and ended up tasting almost butterscotch-y and had a very nice texture that wasn’t too soft but not too crispy. My friends loved them and I plan to make more in the future for our next social gatherings.