I have been wanting to try this recipe for a while. One of the things I like doing when I’m bored besides watching tv, facebooking, or looking at dresses online is go to allrecipes.com and look up recipes with the highest ratings. I know I’m lame but it’s fun! Anyways, I still have a huge container of oatmeal and with our trip to SF tomorrow I decide why not just try this recipe. The recipe is very simple and calls for only a few ingredients all which I have on hand. I used sugar free raspberry jam which I eat everyone on top of French Toast so it’s always in my refrigerator. After these were done cooling, I cut them up into squares and wrapped them individually in plastic wrap for our trip tomorrow.
* 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup rolled oats
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 8 inch square pan, and line with greased foil.
2. Combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and rolled oats. Rub in the butter using your hands or a pastry blender to form a crumbly mixture. Press 2 cups of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread the jam to within 1/4 inch of the edge. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top, and lightly press it into the jam.
3. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
Very sweet. I really like the taste of the crunchy oatmeal and jam. However, they weren’t super extrodinary. Maybe it’s because I used 1 minute oats instead of rolled oats. I still like them anyways!