So tomorrow is our Christmas party! I am so excited, I have been waiting for this for the last month. The 7 of us are throwing the party at Devina’s clubhouse. It’s gonna be an awesome club party! So being the baker I decided to do all the desserts. The first are Christmas Sugar cookies. I found this recipe and the recipe for the royal icing from All Recipes.
* 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
* 2 cups white sugar
* 4 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 5 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
* 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
* 2 egg whites, beaten (I used pasteurized egg whites)
1. In a bowl, sift together confectioners’ sugar and cream of tartar. Using electric mixer, beat in 2 beaten egg whites for about 5 minutes or until mixture is thick enough to hold its shape.
These cookies were beautiful and it was fun decorating them though very very time consuming. My friend loved them and took a bunch home at the end of our party.