A couple days ago I noticed that we had a couple of bananas lying around the house. My mom usually buys a bunch of bananas and no one eats them so this time I decided that I didn’t want them to go to waste. The first thing that I thought of making was banana bread. However to my dismay, I wasn’t able to find a healthy banana bread recipe that was under 200 calories per slice and also I knew that the only two people in my household that eat bananas are my brother and I. Both my parents cannot stand the taste of bananas. I remembered reading about banana chocolate chip cookies somewhere so I searched this recipe on www.allrecipes.com I was very happy to find that each cookie only had about 80 calories. Also, banana and chocolate chips are one of my favorite combinations, I usually put chocolate chips in my banana muffins. At first when the timer rang and I touched the cookies it seemed like they weren’t done since the bananas made them soft. After they cooled off, they were delicious and I finished all the cookies within two days.
I will be very busy until exactly a week from now due to dumb butt finals. 😦 However, I will be making Christmas cookies for my friend and team!
* 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/3 cup butter, softened
* 1/4 cup light brown sugar
* 1 ripe banana, mashed
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Beat in the banana and egg, then stir in the vanilla. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until well blended. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts, if desired. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
These cookies were very soft and chewy. They tasted exactly like a baked banana. Some parts of the cookies still had banana pieces in it because I didn’t mush them up completely but I loved the banana chocolate chip combo. This recipe is definitely for a banana and chocolate lover. I will make these again when I have very ripe bananas.