As you know, Thanksgiving is almost here! It’s one of my favorite holidays of course with all the delicious food. Autumn is also a time for pumpkin so I decided to try these pumpkin rolls. I only had one size jelly roll pan so my cake was a little thin and not thick as I wanted it to be. Ny frosting was extremely messy when I sliced the rolls, I think I was suppose to to let the roll chill before I cut it but I was too excited. Next time when I make this I will probably double the recipe. The cream cheese frosting was very simple and sweet. Remember to sprinkle your towel with powdered sugar and roll up the cake when its hot so it keeps “bendable.”
But! Only one more day of school woohooo!
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup white sugar
* 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
* 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
* 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
* 1/4 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs on high for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in white sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Add pumpkin and lemon juice.
3. In another bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; fold into the pumpkin mixture.
4. Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan; line with waxed paper. Grease and flour the paper. Spread batter into pan; sprinkle with walnuts.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
6. Immediately turn out onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Peel off paper and roll cake up in the towel, starting with the short end. Cool.
7. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, butter, and vanilla until fluffy.
8. Carefully unroll the cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up again. Cover and chill until serving. Dust with additional confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
If you like pumpkin and cream cheese frosting then you will definably enjoy this recipe. The frosting is very sweet and creamy and the pumpkin roll is very soft and spongy.